Friday, May 21, 2010

The Evolution of the Blog

I'm on by accident tonight and I'm so sad that i haven't written since February. And even that entry was 2+ months late.

I've been thinking about blogging alot lately if that counts for anything.

Wondering about Sophie reaching her milestones, i've gone back and looked at my old entries and it's more sadness. I was so good. My entries were so interesting. I seemed like a totally different person. Hell, i was a different person. I used to be so much fun. But i'm a mom now. So i guess i'm fun in different ways, right? The screaming-at-your-kids, having-a-routine, wanting to sleep instead of do anything, kind of fun :)

Back when the blog started, it was a tell-all (mostly). I guess that's part of what made it interesting. People love drama. Infertility was a saga. Once the kid came, drama lessened. ANd if there was drama, it was downplayed to protect the guilty, -er innocent. Once i was prego the second time, that was more crazy drama, but again, downplayed. And on top of that, i was still focused on gracie and her milestones. Plus i had alot less time to blog. Now, with 2, i have no time to blog. Or, the time i have (as i said earlier) i'd rather sleep :) Definiyely don't want to come home from being on the computer all day to get on the computer.

But, i digress. That was my excuse for the past several months of not writing.

But the evolution of the blog-it's gone from a tell-all infertility saga to a picture posting website for my babies. Or baby, since Sophie has barely made it on here. Facebook doesn't help, either, since it's too easy to update there with pics and notifications. So, i guess what i'm saying is, I'm not really sure i need a blog anymore. It's only good-for me and for you-if it's updated regularly and i just don't think i can commit to it again. Besides, i won't be as forthcoming with all the "fun" stories, feelings, etc, because i'm a mom now. I have to keep my kids best interest 1st (and CPS off my back since i joke too much).

I'll keep you posted. ANd if i don't, then i guess you'll figure out my decision :)

No comments: