Saturday, December 15, 2007

Starting a Blog...

***Disclaimer(mostly for Jen and strangers-not that any stranger would care about my blog). Yes bad grammar sucks, but this is supposed to be stream of conscience. My thoughts sure as hell dont' know anything about grammar. Oh and if you noticed I have a problem typing apostrophes...i always stick them at the end instead of where they go. I'll try to correct this but forgive me if i don't.
DEFINITIONS:
-clan: consists of myself, my husband and our best friends clyde and ally
-RESOLVE: the national infertility association

I'm not any more interesting that anyone else who posts their personal information on the internet. I'm just lazy. Blogging seems easier than emailing. I have to email my random thoughts/ideas/experiences to a few of my friends. They're all checking other blogs, so now they can check mine. And I've always wanted to keep a journal. I keep starting one and forget it. Maybe if it's on the computer i'll keep it up? The only drawback is that it'll be censored. Hmm. Now that I'm RESOLVE's Louisiana Coordinator (more on this later) it really means this is probably a BAD idea. I'm supposed to represent and I'm pretty sure much of what will be included here will just be bitching. Oh well.

Let's begin shall we.

It's 10pm on a Saturday (too bad i didn't do this at 9-i could tribute the Piano Man) and I'm checking email between cleaning and trying to create sparkling wine cocktails (which are not as good as they sound). Steven's been sleeping since 7. Had a really good day today and wanted to share. The clan didn't have the kids so we went to check out Perkins Rowe. We were trying to surprise steven with a 2pm trip to the planetarium so we only visit one store-Urban Outfitters. So glad Clyde went upstairs because that's where the goods were. There were great funny and funky gifts and wonderful books. When i was younger i used to read the choose your own adventure books and they had an adult version of the same. It's called Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel. We ate lunch and on the way to a movie (planetarium canceled) i live a life from the book. It includes skipping college for a Eurotrip to eventually coming back to run an art gallery. I died in a rainstorm at 62. Can't wait to start another story.
Saw The Golden Compass which i thought was a little boring. Now i sit blogging waiting for the clan to come back. But i digress.
The reason to write tonight: First let me say I love music. And not just any music. Yes, hate me if you wish, but i love country music. Not actually the point but it's an important side note. There's a song out now that i don't particularly love but it's about a man who wants to write a letter to his 17 yr old self. He says, "These are no where near the best years of your life." This is it. I hear so many people talking about enjoying being a kid, not worrying about anything and how great it is but I completely disagree. I love being an adult. I love being able to do what i want when i want. I love being able to buy and drink alcohol. Eating dessert for breakfast. Going out in the cold with my hair wet. Having money. Sex. I can probably stop the list there:) Why would anyone ever want to be a kid again? Which brings me to another main theme of this blog. Having kids. That's the greatest achievement in life right? Well, in ordinary life, anyway. That'll be some of the best years of life.

I can't go without saying Holy Crap it's windy! So happy that the cold weather is here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just want to make clear that I am not the grammar police, despite my penchant for behaving as such. I swear not to even notice your grammar on the blog, just as I beg the same favor for the zillions of emails I have sent to you without spell checking/comma checking/or limiting the use of ellipses. (those are the ....which I love to use informally.)