Post is a little late (as usual), but here goes...
I did not vote for Obama. Almost didn't vote at all because Gracie was 3 days old and i wasn't sure i could make it there and be back in time for her next feeding. But Clyde brought me there with about 30 minutes to go and there was no one in line.
I am registered independent, and don't always vote. I don't follow politics enough to fight for my choices. All i know is that i usually side with republicans on financial issues and democrats on most social issues. In my opinion, financial issues are the most important and affect me the most, so when i do vote, i vote republican (except for my man, Kip, of course).
Now that Obama has been elected, i am excited. Excited about the prospect of a new, fresh voice in Washington. I'm excited about having kids in the White House. I think it adds a feeling of-dare i use the word-HOPE to our country:) I am excited to witness a milestone in our history. The first black president! I think it's amazing and about time we progress as a nation. I did not vote for Obama, but he is my president and i will support him.
**Raising my glass in a toast** Here's hoping he does his best and our nation reaps the benefits.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nicely Put!!!!
But I still think Steven would have been a great President. :)
Post a Comment