Monday, May 18, 2009

Dear Gracie,

Last night i had a moment. I don't know if it's because i've been sick or emotional or hormonal. The 1st couple weeks of your life i was a mess. A terrified wreck. I had no idea what to do with you except feed you and everyone who reads know how terrible that was back then. I had no idea how to comfort you, so daddy did it. All the time. Every time. It was very upsetting, especially since i just knew before you were born that you'd like him better. He was just so calm and patient(with you-thought i should clarify for anyone who knows us), and i was just scared.

So over the months feeding has gotten easier and you've gotten to like me :) Although i really hope you don't become one of those clingy kids who has to have mommy, i have to admit i really like it. I love the fact that you calm down when i take you. Of course, like i told you last night, daddy loves you just as much so you need to be nice to him, too:) So daddy tried to put you to sleep last night since i wasn't feeling well and you wouldn't cooperate. So, i took you and you almost immediately calmed. I just held you and talked to you about daddy and the way you were looking at me was just magical. I just felt like i was your whole world. It was so good. I don't think i've ever felt like that before. Makes me wish you'd never grow up. But i know you will and we will fight and you'll hate me, but hopefully you'll grow even more and love me again. But for now, i just wanted to remember this moment.

Love,
Mom

5 comments:

Jen said...

This is so sweet; I know exactly how you feel. And if it makes it better--I had Lila off to TJ because he is awesome.

But Bronwen always calls for me first. :-)

Chris said...

Beautiful, made me cry!!! I'm missing soooo much..

Stacie said...

OMG, you made me cry. I'm anticipating my turn, but it also terrifies me...such a dichotomy.

Leslie said...

Oh, it's absolutely terrifying:)

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

-tear- that is so sweet