Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's A Girl!

Again :)

I guessed it. I was still holding out hope when the 1st thing Michelle (the u/s tech) did was measure the heart rate. It was 139. I got excited and said to myself, "It's a girl. It's a girl." More reverse psychology.

The ultrasound went great. Besides Steven, my sister Jeri brought my mom and Ally came, too. She checked and measured everything-heart, kidneys, spine, brain, and more i'm sure. Everything looked great and healthy. We even got to see her move around a little bit. She was about 13oz which is right on target and based on her other measurements the computer put me due on January 3rd. Hopefully i'll go on the 31st though...that tax break will help.

When she got to the "fun" part, she took a booty shot. She said we might not see it, but there was a white line between her legs. As soon as she said line, i knew it was another girl. Boys don't have lines :)

I was nervous and really worried about how i'd react. I hoped i wouldn't be too disappointed, and i pleasantly surprised myself. I'm actually happy. There are so many good things about it-i have everything i need and i know what to do with girls(at least so far) :)

Now all we need is a name.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yay!! Congrats on another girly! Brandon is hoping that I go on the 31st too. I'll be almost 38 weeks so it is not completely impossible. Guess we'll see when we get there.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Brooke Cailleteau said...

Lucky girls, to have a sister so close in age. :) Can't wait to see if they are just alike, or very different (like my sister and I are)!

Veronica said...

I'm sooo excited! Congrats to Gracie on her baby sister.