My mom suggests something that i would actually want to do...write.
Apparently she has some obsession with finding me my perfect job (i.e. finding my happiness). It's pretty damn cool actually, but she's so optimistic. I think she thinks i can do anything. Wish I did. For example, i told her that i wish i would have known in college about my fertility problems...i would have gone pre-med for sure. How great to help families become families! Well, she says you're only 28 you still can. HA! Start a med school tract at 28. I wouldn't start working until i was 50! She also has real estate on the brain. While that's do-able and i have considered it, i don't want to work nights and weekends (one of the reasons i quit culinary school). She's the one who really wants to do that one, though. Guess what i said? You're only 58...you still can. While this one is actually plausible, i think for now she prefers rummaging through other peoples' stuff. (Jen, does an apostrophe go there?)
The story: I'm stepping out of the tanning bed putting on panties. (I should have said in the 1st post that this blog would be a lot of TMI...actually, you should have figured it out when i was talking about pee.) I answer the phone (still with the xmas ring-i refuse to let go until after new years).
Me: Hello
Mom: Yeah, Leslie (i think she always starts conversations like this). You busy?
Me: *With the panties* Uhhhh, no *chuckling*
Mom: I figured out what you can do.
Me: *Thinking, oh great, what is it this time* What?
Mom: Become a writer.
Me: I'd love to.
She says she thought about it because when she was here with my sister my sister said she loved reading my blog. The way i write cracks her up. You know with the pee and stuff. I tell her how i actually would love this and thought about taking a short BRCC course but never had the time. Besides, I'm not creative. I've tried to start a couple stories before and they are terrible. And my problem is i can't ever just DO SOMETHING. I always have to take a class or go to school for it 1st. I guess my thinking is that jobs require training and honing of skills. Otherwise why would i be hired or good at it? Not to mention i always compare myself to everyone else. With the writing i would compare it to my best writer friend Jenny. See her blog link "Bronwen's Blog" to the right. She's awesome. My vocabulary and grammar need help. And, like ally said, how long can you write about yourself [and keep it interesting]? Something to pursue while i have the time i suppose. I'll keep you posted.
Then, a couple hours later she calls me back:
Me: Hello
Mom: Have you ever thought about community theater?
Me: *hehehehe* Actually yes. Except I'm shy.
Mom: *chuckling this time* Just pretend everyone in the audience is your friend. Or there's no one there at all.
When I was working at the lottery i signed up for the newsletters but never had the time to go to the classes/workshops. *me again with the classes* Duh, i should just go audition! I ain't got nuthin' else to do. Sorry, don't know what happened there. Last I remember all the parts required singing and nooooooo way.
It's really strange that most of the things she suggests i have actually considered but for whatever reason didn't pursue. I thought she didn't know me at all. Apparently i was dead wrong. I'm the one who doesn't know anything. Except her favorite color is blue...mostly because her work uniform is blue:) I think when i asked about her favorite food she wouldn't tell me because she wants me to read all about it in her diary that i gave her one mother's day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Apostrophe--perfect.
Grammar--your editor can fix.
I need to lend you a book--written all in emails and IMs. And yet it has a great plot and you feel like you're a voyeur in someone else's conversation. You would rock at this. Hell, you can write better than Jenny McCarthy--and she published lots of books. Wait--she was also in Playboy which might have helped her marketability. Anyhow...
You forgot one important detail...she was PREGGO!!! Come on jenny...slacking:)
Thanks for the vote of confidence anyway.
True, but just because she was pregnant and had a baby didn't mean much--just gave her material. I think you're just as funny. BTW--I've stocked up on OPKs because I have no idea when I am Oing. Of course, I still don't have a Fred. Yea BFing!
BF: Breastfeeding
Glad you cleared that up because everytime i see BFing i think butt humping:) Seriously...it's an illness.
Post a Comment