Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prenatal Yoga

Ok, so vacations over, let me get back to preggie stuff.

I started prenatal yoga on Monday. I wasn't sure my new Dr would give me permission, but he did. My form looked terrible, though. He wrote on it: Have caution because of "poor OB history and surgery during this pregnancy." Poor? I don't think i've failed anything before...wow.

Anyway, yoga was a lot harder than i thought. It was just like regular yoga and i have no flexibility. I need to stop saying that, by the way, because i'll never get it. You know, according to Stewie Griffin "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

There was one girl there whose due date was July 5th!?! Over 2 weeks ago. She wasn't there tonight, so my fingers are crossed for her. She has a midwife and is not being induced. That's what is called a "granola" or "crunchy" mom. Kinda crazy to me. Give me doctors, pain meds and disposable diapers :)

Tonight there was a different instructor and i felt a little better because they said monday's instructor kicks your butt. So far i like it, but can't completely relax, so it's not working all the way. TMI coming....all that stretching and flexing makes me gassy:) So, how can i relax when i'm worried i might fart in front of all those people? And i'm not completely convinced of all the spiritual stuff, either, like looking through my "third eye." Huh?
~~~
Steven's gone tonight so i get to catch up on some TV. He won't let me watch The Baby Borrowers. Don't know why...he's just weird sometimes. Anyway, i love the concept of this show and hope it does prevent some teen pregnancies. Honestly, though, it's scaring the shit out of me :) Too bad it didn't air 2 years ago.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hm, I wonder why Steven doesn't want you to watch it? ("It's scaring the shit out of me")

Also, it's a known fact that even NON pregnant women get gassy during yoga. In fact, it isn't really a good class until someone lets one rip. You're all adults. If you let one out, all you do is turn to your neighbor and look disgusted. Easy.

Chris said...

OMG, you are so funny, and so is Jen. I love her take on it. Can't wait to meet her. Anyway, I completely agree with her let it rip. Thats always been my stand, and I'm not even in yoga or preggo. :)

Leslie said...

Because you are naturally gassy, huh chris? Guess it runs in the family:)

Dina said...

Yea, it helps your plumbing big time! Yoga just has so many benefits and it's so cool! Love it!!! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.