Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation Pt 2

Saturday
Saturday was kind of sad. The best thing we did was have lunch.
Ate at Lambert’s (Home of the Throwed Rolls). We hadn’t even gotten plates yet and people were walking around with food to give us. We ate fried okra off of napkins.
Look at the size of those drink cups. My dad would love that.
I was annoyed because I couldn’t get any good pics. (He's sort of in action here.)
They actually throw the hot rolls at you. They do other stuff too...our waitress had a pitcher full of what looked like coke and pretended to spill it on Steven. It was actually cooled molases or something...nothing came out. Should have seen him jump.
Clyde talks about this place A LOT. I was pleasantly surprised by the food since he’s the one who likes picadilly and loves to eat at the hospital cafeteria. It was a fun place.
The liquor store was next to the adult gifts place. Perfect, right?
Went to walmart for food/beer/etc(at which part I got a little depressed). I mean, we went to Al to go to rave and walmart:) It didn’t last long.
No, we didn't steal the cart.
Hung by the pool a little.
Steven's "gator-huntin'" outfit.
It was too cold for me, so i just posed for pics.

Started storming so we hung out in room and napped. Very nice. Had dinner at an oyster house. Quite disappointing. Over and hour wait, but there was an arcade next door so I wasn’t too bad. Food was not great (but my stomach was still hurting from lunch). Or maybe it was the bread i had before we left:)
Just a pic of the girls...
Went to The Hangout-cool place to hangout (hehehe) but all the chairs and sand was wet. They had outside bars and a band and beds. Yep, beds. Darn, don’t think I got a pic…
Went next door to the pink pony. A band was starting…we were looking for dancing/dj music, so we left.
Stopped at Live Bait. Music sounds good walking up…cool atmosphere-AND you had to go outside to smoke. AMAZING. So many LSU fans…clyde had on an LSU shirt and go a lot of high 5s. We left after the band started, but planned to come back the next night for a comedy show. That's when the karaoke fun ensues...Stay Tuned.
***I know i'm killing some of you with my speed at this post, but i really can't help it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yeah, your killing me I can't wait to see that....
Sounds like a pretty nice trip...