The homestretch. Only 3 more months to go! Can’t believe how fast it’s going now. Had a dr appt today. Went in fasting at 8am for bloodwork for glucose test. Easy. Fasting blood sugar had to be less than 102, mine was 82. Drank the cup of yummy super-sweet sprite (I chose lemon lime over orange). It didn’t look like much in that cup, but it was so sweet it took a few minutes to get down. Was set on my way to wait for the dr with a 60 minute timer.
I stole (rather, borrowed) a Wondertime mag from the front waiting room, so I’d be entertained while I waited. The place was empty. Apparently everyone else knows not to bother scheduling so early. I guess the nurse aid called me back a little after 9. Weight-when she looked it was 148 (up 1 lb), but it was really 149. I was shocked. My home scale had me in the early 150s over the weekend. Well, I was fasting…
Anyway, it must be about to sneak up on me. I keep waiting to wake up one day and be swollen, bloated and gross with stretch marks from here to next week. I'll take my good luck for as long as i can keep it.
Blood pressure was fine, and no urinary infection. Joy.
Now I’m in the room with my magazine (I forgot my book at home). I finish the mag and still no Dr. UGH. Oh, beeper went off for the test and I went back to lab to get my finger stuck which I was happy about because I thought they would try to get in my vein again. Had to be less than 140 and I was 102. Passed! No gestational diabetes for me! Even though steven already told me I didn’t have it…I was having a pineapple shake one day and he said, “That IS your glucose test…if you can have that and be fine, I’m sure you’re ok.”
Back in the room, waiting…I realize test is over so I can eat and have a granola bar:) I walk around, look out the window, sit on the table and do my yoga breathing…dr strolls in after 10. We listen to the strong, fast heartbeat of 160bpm and he measures me…he said baby must have had a growth spurt because i’m measuring a little ahead at 28 weeks. He doesn’t move my due date, but it got me thinking because Nov 3rd is already 3 days before my original due date. Not sure why but I’m convinced that the baby won’t be early, so I procrastinate…well, now I’m not. I’m going to go ahead an schedule the rest of my baby classes before it’s too late. Also thinking about when my last day of work will be…if I want to try to get a little break before (which I really need but don’t know if I can afford).
The growth spurt thing I think is weird, too. Why am I not gaining weight? I mean, I’m happy, but this is the one time I’d be happy to gain. Maybe the baby really is stealing my food:)
He asks if I have any questions and all I can think is “Can I ride a motorcycle?” you should have seen the crazy face he gave me. I know I turned red. He said, “Why in the world would you want to do that?” He said there’s nothing wrong with it as far as pregnancy goes, but it’s not something to start now. For 2 reasons: 1) balance is off during pregnancy and 2) it’s a motorcycle :) He said I’ve already been through enough of my 9 lives to take more risks.
I go back in 4 weeks for the next appt. I made it at 10:30 this time since I won’t have to fast and he won’t be in til then (of course, like ally said that probably means I’ll be waiting til 12…) I returned the magazine to the table on my way out.
~~~
I went to BRU after to return a shirt and on the way out there’s a mom in a van who whips around the corner into the spot next to me. I mean, she wasn’t playing. Her doors automatically open which at 1st I think is cool, but then I’m walking to my door and her baby is on my side and she’s still in the drivers seat. I so could have stolen that baby. The things I’m starting to consider.
Oh and in other news…he might want to do stupid stuff like ride a motorcycle to Vegas, but Steven is still somewhat on the responsible side. Last night Ally was talking about their trip to Disney next summer and he didn’t automatically say Yes:) He actually said we’ll have a 6 month old or so and it might not work out. Good boy. And…he got us on the waiting list at daycare. Hooray! And this place doesn’t take babies until they are 4 months, so I can milk that to stay home longer :)
~~~
Sunday we went to eat in New Orleans and they had O'Doul's Amber on the menu. I had to...i was actually pretty good. I may have found a tailgate drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment