Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blogging is STRESSFUL

I keep trying to upload pics but of course it's not working...so here's the latest on Boo's dr visit:

Same old stuff. Weight, blood pressure, heartbeat…all good. He didn’t measure me this time. I asked why and he said it doesn’t really matter…since it’s just a measurement it’s inaccurate anyway…would be smaller or larger based on size of the baby. So, looks like he won’t be changing any due dates!

He said he’d guess the baby’s head down, but besides an u/s to know for sure the only other way would make my stomach sore…I guess feeling around the belly. I forgot to ask about back sleeping. I’m starting to like him more…except he’s really not too enthusiastic about the “natural” birth thing. (He actually doesn't seem that enthusiastic abiout much...he's pretty laid back.) I did ask the difference between narcotic and epidurals and what’s “standard practice” and he said “we don’t just go sprinkling everyone with narcotics.” So that’s good. Narcotics are kind of pre-epidural from my understanding…most don’t need that-especially since you can get epis so early. But he also said that drugs WON'T harm the baby and WON'T slow down labor. I told him everything I read is to the contrary and he said that’s only if you get it too early and/or are really fearful (pain-fear-tension thing)…fear makes body stop working. (Which might even be another reason to go for drugs.) I guess we’ll see.

Now I’m on every 2 weeks schedule until 36 weeks when I start every week (and internal exams start). Fun.

Oh and I think their scale is broken. I was 149 again. And again she read 148, so I told her this time…so I didn’t’ gain any weight? WTH? Scale at home says I did. My belly says I did, too. Yes, i am grateful...i'm not complaining. It's just strange.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hm, I wish my doctor's scale was broken.

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

wow i didnt realize i was so far behind in just 2 weeks of no internet usage. lol. well, everything sounds good 4 ya'll. i've been worried about u w no power. glad 2 know u got it back. im jealouos about the no weight gain. i went to the dr wednesday and i gained another 2 lbs i think. funny how they dont even tell me unless i ask. but who cares anyways. apparently i am very slightly anemic though. so now i get to take iron pills twice a day. no biggie so far. just another pill to swallow. lol. i'm not making it up there this weekend. i'm home taking care of my house and visiting with my new little cousin who was born today. he's so freakin' cute. lol. i'll see ya'll next game i guess. ttys.
-MMP