Sorry i haven't written. No time!!! (If i email you, you probably already read this...)
37 week post (way overdue...)
I am tired! I never really recovered from last weekend. Even someone at work commented that it was the 1st time she'd seen me look tired:( Here are the highlights from my Dr's appt:
-Told girl about weight last week…she let me tell her this week and was looking crazy because she thought I gained 6 lbs in a week…
-Tests (strep, hiv) from last week were negative
-Signed consent for delivery. Chick said, “You’re having a girl, right?” Hmmm…wonder if that means anything:) I said, don’t know, so then I signed circumcision consent
-Took dr a while to find heartbeat (got a little nervous); because of that he said, “looks like baby is lying crossways”
-Internal exam: Nothing’s happening. He said, “not even engagement (guess that’s the dropping part?), baby must be moving a lot?” Yep.
-I asked about meeting other drs in case he doesn’t deliver me and he said I can if I want, but probably not necessary…made it sound like I WILL be induced.
At first this pissed me off, but then, I agreed because I always said I’d go past due date, so I already knew that…
It’s good…gets me off the hook for natural birth :) HA!
38 weeks (today's appt)
Dr said, “something’s happening” :)
Of course he doesn’t offer info so I have to ask.
I’m about 1cm, he says. Wow.
Then he asks if I have questions, but tells me not to ask him about babies, because he had 3 and they were all different (he saw me reading “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer”)
So I asked about episiotomies instead. He said it will be obvious during delivery. They are not “standard practice” but he’d rather repair a cut than a tear. He referred to putting together a jigsaw puzzle :) Gross. So, I’ll probably be cut. Fine by me.
He said the baby’s still high, but does feel head down, so that’s good.
I also asked for a Dr’s note stating my imaginary due date for work and he said, “what, they don’t believe you’re pregnant?” He’s definitely growing on me:)
So, I’m progressing nicely…he says 1 cm generally indicates 2-3 weeks til delivery, which is perfect, because I’m not ready yet. Besides, I’d love to screw up the Bama game for everyone.
He told me he’d see me in 1 week…and to make it an uneventful week. So, I feel better about that…last week he seemed to eager to induce which I do not want at all, especially early. I told him that I always thought I’d be late and he agreed that most 1st time moms are. The good news is that my 40 week appt will be after my due date. Then I’ll be ok with talking about induction.
I’m feeling good, just trying to get as much work in as possible (which is not enough). Tonight’s our last baby class. I’ve got some stuff for my hospital bag, but I still need a few things. Last night I pulled out the co sleeper and it took way too long to open and set up. I was really frustrated. Better start opening everything so I’m not cursing at all this stuff when baby is here. Well, guess they better get used to my potty mouth anyway, huh?
~~~~~
After Baby Comes care class (I Have A Date!)
Monday night as part of the “after baby comes” class we answered questions like:
Who can we get to help us?
Who can we talk openly about parenting?
What can we do now to prepare (like cooking/freezing stuff for later)?
What can our partner do to make us feel good?
And we had to make a date about 1 month out…so I have a date (yes, with Steven) on 12/4 to go to dinner. (He checked his calendar 1st to make sure it wasn’t on the SEC championship gameday…boys…)Steven was surprised I didn’t pick a movie and I said, I’d rather sit and talk with him…besides, I’d probably fall asleep in the movie :)
I’d say about 15% of the class was good info…most of it I already knew from reading. I like getting others experiences though…like the leader was telling us how anyone can get baby blues and get to their wit’s end…she said she was on the verge and actually called her mom to come over at 1:30 am one night for fear she might shake her baby. The funny part was her mom was up making banana bread:)
Tonight was the part where we played with dolls. Dressed, diapered, swaddled. It was good stuff. Steven really is so good at all of it. I'm very lucky to have him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay lelie. im so happy 4 u that everything is getting smoother. im comin up there this wkend so if u want help setting anything up just let me know. i am almost done setting up miley's room. i finished setting up the bed 2day. it looks so cute i can almost picture her in it. the hardest thing to set up was my packnplay. well, of course the stroller and swing were easy since dana did most of the work.
Post a Comment