So, the truth is, i didn't have that "love at first sight" feeling in the hospital. Hell, i didn't have it ever. Like any new love, it's taken time to get to know each other to fall completely. In the hospital and in those first few days (weeks), the only thing i felt was fear. Fear about everything-keeping this baby alive, having this baby forever, my life changing, etc. Mostly the keeping the baby alive part. I finally started to feel better when i felt like a mom...like i could comfort her. In those first few days, this was steven's forte. Again, i was too scared and nervous and lived those days just waiting for the next feeding.
But the love has been growing everyday and when she started smiling and interacting it was the nail in the coffin. Now i'm completely head over heels. The best way to describe it was like some movie said, "It's like having your heart walking around outside your body."
So, as Babs requested, the Best part so far. And good timing, too...right in the middle of another bfing issue-an infection that makes nursing hurt like hell. Again:(
But there are plenty good things.
Some, like being back to my pre-preg weight, have little or nothing to do with baby:) (I'll accept the jealousy and hatred-things aren't exactly in the same place as before, but at least i don't have to buy new pants. Shirts, now that's a different story.)
Here's some more:
-All the comments i get for having a pretty baby (see previous post!). If she wasn't cute people just wouldn't comment. Or they'd say something like, "Isn't she something" :) So i know it's not just my "mommy vision."
-Watching Gracie sleep peacefully. Even better, when she sleeps on my chest (or on my belly).
She did this on her own by the way-scooted herself down:)
-Even though it hurts right now, there is a satisfaction in seeing her nurse. I guess it's a good feeling knowing i can provide all the nourishment she needs.
-I love it when she stretches! Sometimes she scrunches up her legs; i call her my frog-butt baby.
Hopefully i'll get a pic of this soon (you can kind of see it in the pic above).-Seeing daddy play (or sleep) with her is awesome.
-Seeing her smile and coo. the smiles started at about 6 weeks and boy has that changed so much! She's no longer this little blob that just sucks the life out of me:) This is THE BEST!
4 comments:
Will you do everything I ask for?
If so, try to get a video of her smiling. I loved seeing it in action and won't get that chance again until Feb.
I am jealous that you are back to your pre-prego weight. So...I say this as your friend. I'm going to Sonoma for a week at the end of April. Jealous? I thought so...See how it feels???
Love you and your little girl too.
She really is a cutie pie, and how much do I love that Love Bug onesie?!
I miss those days of Bronwen sleeping on my chest. We had the best naps together!
Hope the infection clears up soon.
This is great, I love that I can watch her grow even if I can't always get up there. God bless the internet!!! I love to see her little personality take shape. It's still crazy for me to think of a Leslie and Steven crammed into one little person.
Hey Leslie,
I love the truth in your blog, also the Gracie is so gorgeous, and I am really enjoying all of the pics of ya'll together. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment