Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bonafide

Just like Popeye's chicken :)

So, as of 9/16 i am a real-life employee of Postlethwaite & Netterville. Of course i had to take a step down in the audit world, but what could i expect? I'm pregnant after all and they "hired" me 8 weeks from my due date. I have tremendous respect for this organization. Although it's illegal, plenty of firms will not hire pregos...and my supervisor wanted me to start asap so i could take advantage of any benefits i will qualify for. Pretty great, huh?

And, i told her my ideal maternity leave is 3 months with the 1st month i'm back working part time. She agreed. So, i guess they like me:) And i like it there. Of course i'll never have another environment like the lottery, but the work here i much prefer. We are constantly busy and financial audit is great. Less subjectivity and in my current position i don't even deal with auditees. So basically, i do data entry, math and review cost reports all day.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds sweet I'm happy for you finding a job you like and getting to take off time you need without complaint isn't always that easy. I'm so glad you got it all. Pat Boo for me... Hugs and Kisses.
Love you.

crazythibs said...

Congratulations!!! Muah!

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

Yay. 3 months, I'm jealous. I dont get any benefits since I am just under full time but oh well. Congrats 4 u. YAY Lelie & Baby Boo.

Leslie said...

Hopefully 3 months...that's what i want, but i already know i can't afford it:( We'll see...