Went to the Dr wed. I'm on weekly appts now. Here's the report:
That nurse practitioner cannot weigh people!?! According to her I lost 2 lbs…nope..gained 3. In 2 weeks (that’s what happened, B). She looks at the scale on an angle and it really bugs me…oh well.
BP and urine is good…she explains that I’ll have my 1st internal and my group B strep (GBS) culture, so bottoms off. Oh, and they re-do the HIV test (I’ll let you know…HA!) Then she asks if we have names picked out.
She leaves and I read until dr comes in…he says about my chart, “This thing weighs almost as much as you.” He tells me again about the culture, but 1st we listen to the heartbeat..good and strong…even made the dr smile:)
He takes the culture and I don’t even feel it-AT ALL! Awesome. I was so worried and had myself prepared to see red afterwards. I always bleed a little after pap smears, but those are much more invasive I guess. Then comes the internal check…what I’ve been waiting for, looking forward to. That wasn’t anything either-not even uncomfortable! So happy. (As a side note, he's really knows his way around a vag...i don't even think he looked.)
He’s says the baby is really low and asks if I’ve been feeling pressure. I say no and wonder if this means that I’m supposed to be feeling something…more happiness since I assume this means my pain/uncomfort tolerance must be high, right? :) (Although I have been having cramping lately and more lower back pain, I suppose either could be from a low baby.)
I ask if anything’s going on down there and he says no (i.e no dilation)-Damn! But I knew that would happen anyway. It’s good cause baby still needs to bake a little longer. He asked what I do and I told him accounting. He said, “good, with the baby so low you don’t need to be doing any heavy lifting.” I wonder if the tv remote is too heavy?
I saw the flu shot signs in the bathroom and asked if I should get one. At 1st he said no, but changed his mind. It would not be fun to get the flu at the end of pregnancy. I’ve never had a flu shot before. So, I go to the lab to drop off the culture and get my finger pricked then go back to nurse for flu shot order. She hands me the consent form along with my chart! This really excites me. Who gets to read their chart? I mean, I know you can if you want, but usually it seems so secret. There were a bunch of tabbed sections: HOSPITAL, OBSTETRICS, INFERTILITY, some others I don’t remember. All I was really interested in was my fundal (uterus) measurement from last appt…last time he did one it was measuring a week ahead. The last one (at 34 weeks) was 33 (a week behind). So, as of now, I don’t think I have to worry about a huge baby.
The shot lady comes to get me and when I’m leaving there I see Duffi, my old nurse. That was nice. Pretty good, mostly uneventful appt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss u lelie bellie. Rub baby Boo fro me 2day. Geaux Tigers. I am trying to find a car to borrow for the day since my truck is ...out of order...and I'm gakd 2 see all is norm with you and Boo. I see your nesting instincts are in high gear. Mine are starting to flourish too. Miley keeps partying in my belly like she knows something exciting is gonna happen soon. I can't wait to meet baby Boo. I am still jealous of your perfect little belly. It's so cute. Well, ttys. HUGS!
Thanks:) I'm just glad matt is ok...
Hope to see you guys Saturday. My belly will be on full display:)
Post a Comment