Thursday, October 30, 2008

39 weeks...and still getting ready

Last minute as usual...

But 1st, my Dr appt update:

I like my Dr more and more every week. He saw my “baby whisperer” book again and said, “doesn’t look like you’re making much headway.” Smartass. I love it. I assured him that I’m reading other stuff, too and don’t make much time for it. i.e. I'm mostly a bathroom reader:) No change, still 1 cm. Dr says I’m making baby too comfy…not doing much to my cervix. And he said that he feels even higher this week than last week. And no he didn’t say “he.” I did. (Oh, oh, but they gave me a new copy of my latest page of my records to carry around and this one said at the top, “Nolan vs. Gracie Mae” YEAH!) I go back next week. But dr has surgery wed morning so I could either go wed afternoon, or Tuesday or Thursday. Guess which one i picked? :)

So Tuesday it is. I still think I’ll have this baby next Thursday.

He didn’t even hint at induction. Good stuff.
~~~
Earlier this week I went to target to check out maternity/nursing bras and tanks. It’s one of the last things I need for the hospital bag. (Oh, as a side note, steven asked me if I was really using the walmart bag. Cute.) So, yeah, as if my chest wasn’t wide enough before, I bought 40s. I could have gone with my usual 38s, but I was on the last hooks and figured F* vanity, go for comfort…it’s a freakin’ nursing bra. For those who don’t know, these handy bras and tanks have little snaps so you can unhook the cup and pull it down for easy feeding.

For you without kids, I recommend getting a few just for fun with your man. Wish I’d have thought of that sooner. I bet boys would love this thing. Either that or it’ll completely gross them out. Maybe I’ll test the waters. (Yep, makes steven think of nursing-not fun.)

Anyway, there I am in the lingerie section looking for the 40s thinking, “my life is over” (with a smile of course…in a good way), I hear a girl on the next row looking at the cute stuff saying to her friend, “Giiiiiirl, my Boo is going to love this! I even got pink heels to match.” I walk away thinking, “Hm, my Boo will love mine, too” :) HA!
~~~
Steven and i went out to dinner last night. It was great. Just us, talking about our day. Afterwards we stopped at Walgreens because i'm craving chocolate covered cherries (hooray Christmastime!). While i was there i also checked out the "adult diaper section" because the girls online said that "Underpads" were very handy for protecting the mattress for 1st: water breaking, and 2nd: leaky diapers. So i'm walking to the register with this:


Steven says, "All we need is a crossword puzzle and some coffee." :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are getting so close! Good luck with everything, and I'll expect Jen to keep me updated if you are too busy to blog for a while. Just think...soon your blog will have beautiful pictures of your little one.

On a side note...my husband wouldn't look at my boobs for a month after the first time he saw me using the breast pump. I've never seen that combination of fear, disgust, and nausea on his face again. Poor guy. He just said, "ARE THOSE YOUR NIPPLES?!?!"

Babsy said...

Nice! You are on your way to old-mother-dom.

Leslie said...

I have so much to look forward to...