Friday, December 26, 2008

What the F***K!?!

I started my period! Gracie's not even 8 weeks old. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and i STARTED MY PERIOD! What the fuck! I'm not supposed to start until i stop breastfeeding :(

You know how girlfriends' cycles get in sync after they hang around together a lot? Maybe this is what happened to me? This same thing happened to Ally after she had Natty.

OR...maybe this is the new and improved, post-baby super-fertile Leslie :) Yeah, right...super-fertile one ovary Leslie. Fat chance.

By the way, for my other new mommies (vag birth only)...just so you know there is a BIG difference between 5 weeks and 6 weeks :) Dr's say 4-6, but i can't imagine 4. It's been almost 8 and it's still not quite back to normal. Good luck.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that sucks. Mine didn't return until 6 weeks after I stopped nursing--one year and 10 days after B was born :-)

And then I got pregnant again...so one period in 2 years, and now going on 3. Not bad.

Leslie said...

It's weird, it's like spotty, but then a 1/2 day of normal, then back to spotty...

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

I got mine a few days ago. I didn't know u weren't supposed to get it. I just thought you were less likely 2 get pregnant again. Hmmm. Maybe I should call my Dr. t be sure Im ok.