Only 3 more weeks until I'm halfway done being pregnant (20 weeks). I really can't believe it. The time went by so slow when I was sick all the time. Now, I'm starting to do more and more "baby" stuff and time is flying. Looking back at some of my posts I noticed that I am tired all the time:) Growing baby parts takes it all out of you, i guess:) Today's actually the first day I can remember where I didn't feel like i needed a nap.
Last week I still had one battle with the toothbrush devil, but i think that was because i had a little cold and coughed too hard. Now i'm all better and the Aciphex is even controlling the heartburn. I'm even going to try to eat spaghetti this week. Things are going well. Like i told someone this weekend, "My appetite's back, i feel good and i can even poo on my own." Really! I am not known for my tact (unless it's required).
We had a pretty productive week. I picked out bedding. Bright circles and stripes from Target:

Which I just noticed is on Sale! I started a registry there, too. I'll also have one at Babies R Us (eventually).
Steven got off early on Friday so we went crib shopping and found a great one. I swear it looks better in person and in black, which we are getting:

Steven's Me-Maw has been telling us that she's buying our crib ever since we were pregnant the 1st time and now she finally gets to! Thanks, Me-Maw!
Steven's so good at this baby stuff. I'm so lucky to have him. Forget "Mother's intuition" in my house...I'm listening to Daddy. He picked out the crib and he's also good at helping me when i can't choose between 2 items. The highchair is a great example. I thought we should go with the one that straps to a chair to save space (and the only not-ugly highchair i've seen is pricey), but he pointed out that we wouldn't have room for dinner with our friends at the table-someone wouldn't have a seat-and if i wanted to feed baby in the living room it would be easier with the highchair. Good points. Already starting with the TV babysitter:) Ahhh, bad habits die hard. I guess i better get over that whole "baby stuff is going to make my house ugly" idea, too. Besides, it's not like i have some beautifully maintained space anyway. I'll have to save that for later in life, I suppose.
I also got some maternity clothes from Dana and Ally and I even bought some! That was kinda fun and maaaaan pants with elastic waistbands are so damn comfy. I won't ever want to go back. I decided today that part of my "stimulus" check will go to replacing my long lost camera. I need to put more pics up here. As it is, i've been taking all my belly shots with steven's phone. I promise I will post some soon. Ok, wait, this week. There. Now I'm accountable. Ally said I've "popped." I'm not so sure, but there's definitely something going on down there. I can feel a hardness, too, which is really neat.
~~~
Almost forgot, last Friday I had another Dr appt. Everything is still great. I make a list of questions every time i go and i still forgot some. I walked back to Duffi's office and asked her about lunch meat. There's a risk of infection for deli meat, i guess from slicers that are not properly cleaned and because they lack preservatives. Pregos are supposed to heat their meat. But Duffi said I can eat it (and soft cheese) as long as i'm not in any 3rd world country. Hooray! I was very happy to hear that-too bad i didn't know that weeks ago when all i could eat were sandwiches. There are so many DON'Ts for pregos nowadays. Sheesh. Next appt is June 18th. That's the BIG ultrasound-where they check all the baby's pieces and parts and can tell you the sex. No, still not finding out (will post more on this later).
~~~
I already got some baby gifts, too...a boppy pillow and some diapers. Thanks, Jen!
3 comments:
The crib is really nice--and I bet it will look great in black. I really wanted black furniture--but we had some other items that were already in cherry. I love the bedding--it will look so awesome with the black crib!
Not sure if you have it yet, but get the book "Baby Bargains". It's the Consumer Reports of baby products. It has lots of great information and really helped us in picking out our baby gear. In fact I used it a few weeks ago when picking out our highchair.
Glad to hear you're feeling good. P.S.-I love your bedding choice, too.
H-Yep, got it:) and love it! I used their "Bridal Bargains" book for my wedding...saved about $600 on my dress.
Post a Comment