Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Nicknames

I'm ready to start calling the baby something other than "baby," but I'm not sure what. My first instinct was Bean, but Steven says no because we already know a Bean. Our next choice was TBB (Tax Break Baby), but that's not easy to say.

I was going to ask the girls online what their names were, but i didn't have to. There's a whole section of the Internet reserved for fetus nicknames. Someone else due in November is calling hers Turkey, which is cute, but since I'm due Nov 3rd I probably need something more Halloween-y. My first instinct was Spook, but i'm not going with that for obvious reasons. I also enjoy Cletus (the Fetus), but this is also a boy name and i'm worried about screwing her up if she's a girl. I don't need gender issues; I'm sure she'll have plenty enough to tell her therapist just having me as a parent.

Actually, I'm changing my mind about Cletus-it's fun. I guess i'll include it on my poll. If there's a suggestion that I haven't listed, feel free to comment.

5 comments:

Babsy said...

TBB sounds like a disease.

I was going to suggest Boo and then *bam* it was already on the poll. Oh, maybe you could call the kid BAM.

My dad called me pumpkin when I was a kid. There is your random Barbara fact of the day.

Jen said...

Cletus is kind of funny. I hope calling the baby by the wrong gender doesn't cause lasting effects, as Bronwen was called Oliver for months.

She doesn't seem to answer to that now. I just tried. Nope. No response.

Leslie said...

J-did you smile a lot and make funny noises when you did it?

Jen said...

Nah, I turned around and looked at her and said,"Hey, Oliver." No response. Same tone, "Hey, Bronwen" and I she looked at me and smiled.

Quite scientific.

Babsy said...

I have performed similiar scientific studies on my grandparent's dog, Casey. I called him Lacey, Masey, etc. He only responsed to Casey.

So, Bronwen is as smart as an 11 year shih tzu. You must be so proud.