I can't believe i forgot about this. It's the Baby Expo at Woman's Hospital and it was Saturday. You register, get a bag-which was big and pink-and you walk around to all the baby vendors and they give you stuff. Steven had no issue carrying that big, pink bag around all day:) He was actually pretty great. I didn't even have to drag him there. He did not go to the "new daddy" class, but i think he'll be just fine. I was actually glad because that would have meant me wandering around by myself for 45 minutes.
I did get him a daddy book for the bathroom and i checked this morning and i think he brought it with him to NO. Makes me happy.
So, I got all kinds of information, most of which i threw away, but some was good. I found a photographer i really like and a pediatrician's office that's close by. They had one Dr there representing them, who i liked alot, but can't decide if he smelled like smoke, coffee, or both. Can't have a Dr that smells like smoke. I went through the bag last night and kept the samples, coupons and magazines. I got my 1st baby bottle:) It's so cute and i'm sure i'll never use it, but it's so cute.
We attended the car seat safety class because i have no idea about that stuff. Of course Steven knows it all, so he was bored. And we were late, so i couldn't see, but you had to go for the chance to win one. We didn't win. But i did win something-a year subscription to Baton Rouge Parents magazine. Yep, that's the one you can get for free at many local businesses:) But, if you want it delivered to your door, it's $28 bucks. Who-Hoo!
We also had a tour of Labor & Delivery and i learned some stuff there. Pretty crazy thinking i'll be there one day. I got very warm and weak and sat down and was fine after that...i felt so bad sitting, though. Everyone else looked waaaaay more pregnant than me.
The most interesting other thing was the Baby Plus machine...you wear it while you're pregnant and it makes baby smarter. I asked steven what he thought and he really didn't know. Weird that he didnt' immediately debunk it. Also at one of the photographer's booths there was a naked photo of a family. It was very disturbing. If it was just mom, dad and baby i think it would have been ok, but there was also big sister who looked almost 10. Creepy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell Steven that he doesn't need a "daddy class". Here are some tips:
1) The head bleeds a lot -- don't go rushing to the emergency room for every little thing.
2) Babies cry a lot -- no need to dive head first out of the shower when you hear them scream.
3) Babies drool...a LOT. Be sure to have a cloth diaper handy to wipe it up or you'll run the risk of someone slipping on drool and killing themselves.
4) Poo running down baby's leg is a sign they need to be changed. As for the pee, when the diapers are so heavy that they fall off of baby, that's a sign to change them. (P.S. Watching baby pee on someone while changing their diaper is hilarious...unless baby is peeing on you.)
5) Don't run out of formula. That's just asking for trouble. Always have at least a case in the house.
6) When they begin crawling and walking...that's when the fun begins. Make sure all of the food coloring in the house has been thrown away. Unfortunately, I did not take my own advice.
That's about all you need to know.
Thanks for the tips "mystery writer."
Post a Comment