Sorry for the delay in writing. Been feeling pretty crappy.
So unfair. I don't even make a habit of lying or talking smack :( It would be funnier if this hap penned to a few others i know (don't need names here).
Friday started off pretty good. I slept well and didn't have nausea or reflux. Mid-morning i started having gas pains. Keep in mind i have been constipated for a few days...not uncomfortable, just nothing happening. (Which is actually normal for me.)
*Totally unrelated...Veronica visited me around lunchtime. It was a nice visit and i only had a few pains while she was here.*
Around 1 i tried to take my daily nap, but i got a sudden, sharp pain on my right side. I hurt like hell, but at least i knew it wasn't an ectopic as my right tube and ovary are gone. The pain, though, continued and spread down to my leg and around to my back. It was worse than any ectopic pain i've ever had :( I didn't want to worry him, but i finally called steven in tears. He said he was on his way home and instructed me to go to the Dr right away.
I hung up the phone and immediately felt better. Likely. I talked to my nurse and she asked questions trying to see if it was my appendix. All i could think was I do NOT need another surgery now. Ally brought me to the tower and i had trouble walking from the garage to the office. Another fun visit with the dildocam. 1st thing we see is the baby, who is fine. Growing right on schedule, heartbeat 180! Kid's going to either be a moviestar or hate having his picture taken. He looks like a teddy bear now.
U/s tech looked left and looked right. Didn't find much except bile in the intestines. Hmpf. (Steven showed up) Then she did the over-the-belly scan and found a little dot. She called the Dr in to take a look (scary) and they decided it wasn't anything. Dr told me about an over the counter laxative and gave me the weekend emergency number.
I made it home and lay down to rest. Oh, ate some grease in the hopes it would move things along. I had already taken two Senekots and now was taking a dose of what the Dr suggested. My pains got worse. I was doubled over. No, i wasn't standing so i wasn't doubled over. My body was contorted, writhing in pain. I have never felt pain like this before. It was like a knife was being twisted in my belly. Or worse. I was screaming and crying and steven had no idea what to do. I'm convinced i know what contractions feel like now. This went on for a couple of hours. Steven convinced me to sit or stand to try to let gravity do some work. I don't know if that helped or if the meds started kicking in. Even after that it was still several hours before my bathroom visit. I'm not taking any chances anymore. A stool softener/laxative has been incorporated in my daily routine.
Those pains have instilled a terrifying fear of delivery you cannot even imagine. I really hope i can talk myself out of that. Maybe i can get a personal hypnotist :)
So, how about ending on some good news...only 2 more weeks left for my progesterone! I think then i'll feel much better overall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Talk about a shitty weekend. For both you and Farrel. Whats up with that? Hope your feeling better.
Wow, much worse than my back pain. At least I didn't end up at the hospital.
I'm a ninny.
Ok now you talking something I know about. I have two words... FIBER ONE... I too struggle with the lazy bowel. I mean shitting everday is overrated. Anywho, eat this cereal and you will go. It looks like lil chow mein noodles or long rabbit food pellets but it will move you. TRUST ME! I eat it and I also take colace (stool softner) every day just to keep the train moving down the track. Happy Trails!
I buy the All Bran Bran Buds--looks less like rabbit food and has more fiber. One serving is 51% of your daily requirement. Also it's good in yogurt. Leslie--I told B that I think you're just faking so you can see pictures of your baby on a weekly basis. Cheater ;-)
Post a Comment