Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Suicide Watch Recalled

But don’t take Tom Cruise off of speed-dial yet. I hear post partum can be a bitch.

Took my last progesterone pill on Sunday and the difference is amazing! Monday was the BEST I’ve felt in 10 weeks. I’ve still got a little nausea, but I’ll take that before reflux, constipation and the constant yuckies. At least nausea can easily be cured with a toothbrush:)

Had another Dr appt today. I was up to 140 (after eating and wearing jeans, mind you). Blood pressure and urine-normalJ Heard the heartbeat again, but I don’t know bpm. She didn’t tell, I didn’t ask. Her face lit up when she heard it. It was genuine, too. She is in the right business. I might have smiled, but there was no excitement. All I could say was, “Still there.” Then she called it a “Miracle Baby.” I wish I felt some excitement:( Maybe it’ll come when I can feel him?

Turned in my rejection for CF Carrier testing. I really don’t understand why they wait until you’re prego to give you that? If I was a carrier, it would probably affect my decision to even try to have kids. Was still undecided on the blood test for all the neuro/spinal defects and downs. We have no family history, but I wanted to make sure that my complications so far would not increase my risks for these. She said it didn’t, so I could have rejected it then (could I really kill a “Miracle Baby?”), but she said I could wait until next time, so I am. I don’t need something else to worry about.

Then came the dreaded “transfer talk.” I asked if she had any suggestions considering my situation. Of course she did the whole, “I’d let any Dr here care for me” thing. But then she said one of the two older ones would be able to give me more attention. The two younger ones (who I was considering) are getting most of the new patients. They are delivering babies everyday which means they are exhausted. This also means a better chance my appts could be bumped because they are out. There were 2 I wanted to meet. One was out, one was at lunchL So, while I’m still no further along with that, at least I’ve still got my Dr:) She’ll happily keep me until my 20w u/s which is 2 more appts. Yay!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hurrah for the miracle baby!

Christine said...

You don't exactly sound excited about any of this honey. I think you sounded more excited when you had to pee on the stick. Smile its a miracle..
I love you!!

Leslie said...

I know, i know...sad, huh?
Peeing on the stick was something fun to do in the meantime. Now all i can do is wait and be scared of what's to come.

Christine said...

You'll be fine honey and if it will make you feel any better you can still pee on the stick just for kicks :) You're gonna be a good mom how can you not look at our mom!!!!