Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fun with Mom

So the past couple of days i've had more good times than bad. After Tuesday's disappointing Dr appt i decided i needed a treat, so i suggested a movie.

Mom was "all in." OK, bad pun, but we saw 21, and i still have the urge to gamble (be careful, B). I ate way too much popcorn and drank way too much coke and it was great! Afterwards Mom thought it would be fun to visit the maternity store. You know, "just to see." I have been wanting an excuse to visit Destination Maternity, anyway.

Before i know it, she has me trying on a shirt. I'm leery and just hold onto it for a while under the pretense that i'm waiting in case she picks anything else (she does). I'm actually deciding if trying it on will jinx me, or if i have to actually buy it for the real jinxing to occur.

Off to the dressing room i go with 2 shirts. When i notice a strange little pillow with velcro hanging from the mirror. Holy cow! Is that a FAKE belly to put on to try on your prego clothes? Why, yes, it is. Of course i had to. Thank you once again technology for letting all the world see:

That was the most fun i'd had in weeks! Especially the reactions i got. The pillow also confirmed that i'm not the only early prego trying on clothes:)
Don't you know this picture will reappear in 6 months or so and we'll compare the perfectly (albeit a little lumpy) leslie who gained nothing anywhere else to the real-life prego leslie.
As a side note-having mom here was great. While i was terrible company, she was awesome. And she cleans like nobody's business.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah, I know now send her home I miss her.. JJ... I love u honey hope u are feeling better.

Leslie said...

She's on her way:)
I am much better.

Jen said...

You are so cute, even "fake belly" preggo!