Friday, April 11, 2008

Plans to Curb Depression

Last night i was telling Steven i think i'm depressed. You know, you can take those tests online. No, i didn't, but i was thinking about how drug commercials say a symptom is "loss of interest in your favorite activities." (Way too much tv.)

The 1st one that comes to mind is cooking. I haven't even been watching that many cooking shows lately:( But, i can easily discount that since i can't really eat. So why would i want to cook. Duh.

Then there's going out. Pre-surgery i would NEVER stay home all day, everyday. I love ratting the streets (as my father would say). While this has helped our bank account, it has made me sooooo lazy. More so than normal. Sometimes i don't even want to get up to pee.

So, i need a plan to stop the madness! I've driven steven's car a little and it was fine, but mine is standard and takes more muscles. Yesterday i backed her up and gave her a shower. There was about a month of settled dust. Today, i'm going to take her out for a spin. I think my plans are way too optimistic, though. I'm going to wear my ass out.

I was thinking Sam's (they have the BEST fruit bars). Since i'm over there, Kohls for photo albums, then target for some more stretchy pants. Of course i want to go to the movies, too. Smart People came out today and i LOVE Dennis Quaid and Ellen Page. Man, I'm tired just writing this. I'm going to have to rethink this. I guess i'll start with a shower and see where i go from there. I've already washed 2 loads of clothes, which is success for me.

Oh and speaking of depression...I'm so proud of Ally's weight loss efforts...BUT, she'll be the best looking bridesmaid next year while i'm post-preggie deflated and tired :( I think i'll sign up for the mommy and me workout classes:)

PS-Right now, i HATE Andrew Zimmer. If you don't know he's the weird foods guy on the travel channel. The commercials make me gag!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You think the commercials are bad--I've actually watched the show. Ew.

Allyson said...

Hopefully you will be better after you stop the meds. As far as the bridesmaid comment goes - Good time to drop a breastfeeding plug. Think about Jenny and her soooo not post baby body! you will be skinny again and have great boobs :)