Monday, June 30, 2008

Perfect Saturday

Christine’s couples shower was Saturday night, so Saturday morning I ran around town getting gifts and food and running other errands.
*I went to BBB and had my 20% off coupons, so I saved lots on the gifts (i guess this is pretty ghetto to include since Christine will read this). That's alright, she likes to save money, too.
*While they were getting wraped, walked over to shoe carnival to see if I could find some pink flip flops to match my dress and they had a sidewalk sale. I found some for $8!!! With the same colors as my dress-if you saw these you wouldn’t believe it-like hot pink, red, orange (probably why they were on sale).
*On the way back to BBB I saw old navy was selling flip flops for $1! Yes, $1…apparently all the big feet people had already been there, though, but I did get a pair of brown. Paid cash, $1.09…fancy. So far, it’s a great day!
*I head to party city to pick up some chafing dish ½ pans for my food. 50 cents…perfect. *Steven calls me while in the store-great news-the guy who won the ebay auction for the durango we were bidding on went to pick it up and saw a newer model and bought that one instead. We have 24 hrs to decide if we still want it! YAY! He calls him immediately to make the deal. The plan is to go Sunday to Gulfport, MS to pick it up.
*Head to Verizon-switch out my booty phone to steven’s old phone…and she doesn’t even charge me the $20 fee (good, because little did I know I’d soon be super-broke). H
*Head to walmart for last minute stuff and home to cook. Steven is great-he helps me cook and with the couples shower “game.” Like the newlywed game…he typed up and printed the answers.
*The shower was pretty cool-nina’s aunts house is beautiful. Oh, it’s a “Mexican fiests” theme and so steven and clyde dress as mexiCAN’Ts…khaki dickies with black dickies shirts, bandanas and sunglasses…fricken’ hilarious. (Steven is so much better at ghetto than clyde by the way). Clyde chickened out when we got there because everyone was dressed pretty nice but steven stayed in costume ALL night-sunglasses and all. One of shaun’s aunts thought he was blind:) Said, "awww that poor boy…but he gets around so good." HA! Pics below. I got so many complements on how good I looked, it was nice..i mean, I know that means, “you look good for being prego—i.e. wow, you’re not getting fat all over” but I’ll take it anyway. Christine’s mom was weirded out that I wasn’t drinking. She’s used to me being the “party girl.” I kind of like that reputation. But I did good…we even went out after and I drove all the drunk sleeping people back to BR at 2am. Got praised on how I didn’t complain. Love it.
Me and Ally
Ally and Ktay
Ktay and Shrek, er-Sam
Add a little Nina!
Chillin'
Ever seen such a blue-eyed Mexican?
How many times can you say, "Vato" and "Holmes" in one night?
At least I didn't kick him.

Some bridesmaids
Dora & Diego all grown up!
Practicing for the wedding day. Awwwww!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Hey I'm glad you used the coupons I would be upset if you hadn't.I love these pics especially the one of you and Steven. It looks like the Homecoming Queen came to the dance with the class thug! I'm glad you guys had fun!!And you looked great prego or not.

Babsy said...

Love it! Steven is so funny.

Jen said...

Your dress is super cute, although I noticed most of your pics really don't include "the bump." You look really great!

Heather said...

Looked like fun, sorry we couldn't make it. And if you're going to post pictures, it should be mandatory that you include at least one turned sideways, so we can see the bump!

Chris said...

I love it Steven makes a great Thug! You all look so cute in the pics. Congrats again on the new SUV. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Leslie said...

The bridesmaid pic is sideways. But you're right...the bump isn't being showed off. Never fear, belly pics coming soon.

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

i really wish we could have been there. looks like a lot of fun. miss ya'll.