Friday, February 8, 2008

1st RESOLVE Support Group in LA!

Finally! My unemployment feels fruitful!

Not sure how much you guys know so i'll give you the lowdown...

RESOLVE is the National Fertility Association. When I quit work i started volunteering with them because I knew they didn't have a presence here in LA. They desperately needed help, so i quickly became Louisiana Coordinator. The go-to girl for all things LA. Yikes! Scary at first, but like i said, there was nothing here, so not much to do.

Then i decided to start up a Peer-Led Support Group. These are the cornerstone of RESOLVE. It's how they started umpteen years ago. Basically it's like my T-TTC message board, but in real life! (Or an AA meeting, but with infertility!) HA! Guess I'll have to lay off the humor until I get to know these girls:) It's very exciting to actually begin meeting locals. Most of the information I get now is from ladies all over the U.S. (which usually means it doesn't apply in backwoods LA) :)

Last night I finally got everything set up. The meetings will be:
the 1st Monday of every month (except Sept, it will be 9/8 b/c of Labor Day) beginning March 3rd
6:30-8:30pm
Bluebonnet Regional Library
9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. 70810

Please pass this on to your friends/acquaintances/etc. I'll email out a flyer, too. By the way, men and/or couples are welcome, too. They all experience infertility.

Yah-Hoo!!!

No comments: