Dr.'s count preg weeks starting from the date of your last period...this is because MOST people do not know when they ovulate and most with "normal" 28 day cycles ovulate on day 14ish. (Of course the clomid regulated me and so i actually did O on day 14.) So even though i'm *really* only 2 weeks pregnant, Dr's would count from the 1st day of my last period, Jan 31st. I just double-checked and this was a Thursday, so i'll actually be 4 weeks tomorrow.
Also, notice that 40 weeks of pregnancy is actually 10 months! Not 9...i think those extra 2 weeks are factored in there. This is another reason why babies are considered "full term" and ready to come at 38 weeks (because the 1st 2 weeks of pregnancy, you were not really pregnant).
I just winged this answer so if any of you already-had-a-baby people have a better answer, please comment.
Oh, so according to my software, based on my O date, my Estimated Due Date is November 5th. If my Dr. changes it, i'll let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It really is only 9 months--if you think of 9 months with a day or two more than 28 days (normal 4 weeks) then it all evens out to 9 months.
Trust me--those last few weeks seem to last forever anyhow.
Thanks for the explaining that. I think I finally understand. Well, now lets keep out fingers crossed for me I noticed this morning my bewbies hurt alittle more than usual:) Or maybe its just wishful thinking.
Nothing wrong with being positive! How awesome would that be!?! Both of us...
Well, call me crazy but I'm feeling pretty positive that things are going our way for a change, and who better to be preggo with than you.
Post a Comment