Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm a Shlumpadinka!

Ok, so if the word hasn't already been added to Websters, then it will soon. By Oprah's decree, I am a shlumpadinka.
From her website: "Do you run errands in your pajamas? Are your husband's sweats a staple in your wardrobe? If the answer is yes, you may be a shlumpadinka." Wait!! There's more:
"I made this word up a long time ago," she says. "It represents, for me, a woman who dresses like she has completely given up…and it shows."
Ouch! In my opinion, wearing sweatpants to run errands does NOT mean i have given up. When i go out, i still look FINE:) By the way, has anyone noticed that the sparkle in her eye is gone? And, no, i'm not so petty as to insult her just because i dress poorly:) But, pay attention next time. I guess it's hard to get excited about anything when you have the world at your fingertips.

So, today i was wearing the same capri sweatpants as yesterday (Oh GOD, I'm dormroom Stacie!) and i didn't put a bra on until 3pm, BUT i had good reason. I almost forgot about my fertility bracelet, too:( Almost.

You see, Steven suggested we make a new budget tonight(pretty smart considering our huge drop in income) so i was getting all the bills together for the task. I decided since i was doing that i'd do my taxes just to see how scary they would be. Boy was i pleasantly surprised! It took all of my energy, so i rewarded myself:) I think what prompted this is I keep talking about in vitro and he never has money even though he makes enough. I think it will be good. Hard, but good.

Mom and Farrel came by yesterday and it was a pretty cool visit. He was not even close to the asshole i remember :) Hey Chris-is it Farrel or Farell? He even told me not to post the link with the dead baby jokes, so i wouldn't upset my sister. Isn't that sweet:) I guess now that i said that i need to tell the rest of the story...

I was researching IVF and ectopics because there is still a small chance(~2%) that the embryo can somehow move from the uterus to the tube before it implants (IVF pregnancy bypasses the tubes by getting embies right into uterus). Apparently this happens more than i thought :( I was none too happy since it's so expensive...i figured one time and i'd be done. Maybe not. Anywho...i come across some messageboard with the REALLY angry woman. I mean REALLY. Her story was kinda crappy: apparently two other women she knows gave birth on the same day, which would have been her due date has she not miscarried:( Actually sounded fake it was so coincidental. She was dropping F bombs and at the end put a link to dead baby jokes. Seriously. SO, me being my father's child, had to check it out. They are actually pretty funny, however, in case any of my TTTC girls lurk my blog, i will not post. They may not have the same (i.e. sick) sense of humor.

That woman's post got me thinking....i'm not angry. There was a time when i was. I was angry and sad and confused. I think now i'm just annoyed. I also know that the longer it's put off the better off i'll be (money and maturity-wise). It's probably because i keep thinking "i'm still young." Maybe the anger will come when i'm post-30 and childless.

3 comments:

Jen said...

As for Oprah--not all of us have a staff of make-up and wardrobe to help us each morning. Plus, I saw her on GMA once without her fake eyelashes. Bow. Wow.

Chris said...

Les, its Farrel... Its a wonder what age will do for a person. No, he is not the ass you remember.

K TAY said...

In the words of Fred Sanford's infamous sister-in-law Ester...
"watch it sucka" :) Im 30 and childless, but it's ok, 30 can be your scary age now, mine is now 34 (i.e. close to 35 then Im 40 and then what the hell is there to live for..hence scary age = 34)
and my boobies get sore every month, guess I need to get that checked...
Anyway, you know I luv like a fat kid luv cake and this IS it, you are PREGO for GOOD!!! (and if you have more than 3, I'll take one off your hands it would save me the time away from work and you know we will love it and Sam will keep it clean)