Wait. First a little social commentary:
Damn those meth-lab makers or the kids who get drunk on cough syrup or the Man who puts the rules in place...
Did you know you have to be 18 to buy Nyquil? Well, you do. I actually got carded at self checkout. WHat if i was too sick to even drive and wanted my 16 year old to go get me some? Hmphf!
I sure as hell never had to drink nyquil to get drunk. There was always someone overage to buy my stuff for me. These kids need some friends with older siblings. It would make my life easier.
I left Walmart and headed south down Siegen. Just before the bridge i noticed something red and shiny flapping in the wind. By the time i realized what it was it was too late to stop, so i made a quick U-ey and drove around by St. George. Before I turned around all could think was, "My Dad would go get that Valentine's Day balloon." So I had to. This was the guy who stole, er, picked flowers from our neighbors' yards for my Mom. Of course, they were always more beautiful than the store bought ones, but as a teenager i thought this was lame. This reminds me of the times when, on the way back to the eastbank from my aunt and uncle's house (shed, really), he'd have to stop and pick the wildflowers on the levee. He was drunk as hell and at the time it scared the crap out of me. But now i have a little better understanding of what he was doing. I think he just wanted to impulsively enjoy life in whatever way he could. Since he had no money-it was the wildflowers on the banks of the Mississippi. I wish I could talk to him about this now that I'm older :-(
As usual i digress. So there i am, hazards on, running across the feeder street up the side of the overpass hill. I quickly untangle the string and i'm off! I'm so excited that i got a free balloon for steven and that i did something my Dad would have done, that i almost dont' look to see if cars are coming. One was but i couldnt' stop the downhill momentum so i just sped up:) I was out of breath probably until i got to Perkins:)
So it turns out that i am my father incarnate and not just for the drinking, partying, and appreciation of good food and roadside flowers...i might be a little cheap, too. I'll call it "in it for the thrill."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment