Monday, June 23, 2008

Finally going to say it...

I felt the baby! I think I did at the end of my 19th week, actually. Felt like my uterus just jumped or twitched. Then at 20 weeks I felt something else that I can't really explain. But today! Today was awesome! I was at walmart and felt my stomach and it was hard in this one spot so I kept pushing on it. Then it moved! Like it didn't want to be poked anymore:) Very cool. I still can't find whatever i was feeling-must be hiding out from the pokers.
~~~
Saturday was pretty unproductive at the baby store. I attempted to register at The Baby's Room in NO, but the carseat that I want is $170, when at cullens it is $100!?! So I got them to check on prices for the other stuff we found there and she really couldn’t do it. Apparently they were having “pricing issues.” Yeah, I called her on them and she was figuring out what she could do for me. Hmpf! She gave me ballpark figures and they were all about $20-30 more-which is reasonable since it would cost that in gas to get to BR. On the other hand, Steven found a “Twilight Turtle” that projected stars on the ceiling that he had to have-it was cute. I'm pretty sure he wants it for himself, though and not the baby. They were supposed to call me today with real prices then I would decide if I want to keep the registry there… It’s crappy, though, in order to get it in store for shower time I’d have to pay a deposit that’s non-refundable. It's only a few things there that I want anyway, so I think I'll just set it up at Cullens. My friends have assured me they'll help the NO people get me stuff:) Everything else I should be able to get at Babies R Us.

Before the baby shopping we met Christine at the bridal store, so our dresses are ordered. We also got to see hers-beautiful of course! Steven was waa-waaing until he found the audio/video store next store. But then he helped me pick out my dress color. He is really handy in all facets of life:)

Afterwards we all went to eat and it was great-Ally and Christine talked about my shower and Ally helped me see that I have a lot more friends (in BR) than I think i do. See, I was telling them to go ahead and have it in Covington so it’s easier on my mom and sis, and I only have like 3 girlfriends in BR, but that’s not really true-I just have about 3 close friends there. Ally reminded me about lots of people who would want to come celebrate with me…Very excited about it now. It might actually be a kick-a$$ party!

We also talked about the nursery-and get this: All i wanted to do was paint the office white. Right now it's blueish white and DIRTY. Steven says, "I am not painting a white room white." But when we started talking about decorating the walls instead he was much more receptive. WTH?! Men. Decorations would be much more work…we were getting crazy…like stripes on the bottom half of the wall and circles on top. CUTE!

8 comments:

Jen said...

So....if you do the decorations, do you get to put a layer of white paint on everything first?

Leslie said...

Yep. There would be white stripes between the colors(maybe) on the bottom and the whole top 1/2 would be white-the colored circles would only be sporadic.

Jen said...

I am really happy you felt the baby. It used to feel like a tapping to me--like Bronwen was drumming inside my belly.

Chris said...

Les, I really appreciate you trying to make it easier for me and mom. But, really honey it would be alot easier for me and mom to travel then for you to have to sit in a car all that time. The farther along you get in your pregnancy I think you won't want to be in a car for long. So as much as we appreciate the thought this is about you and Boo.
Love you sis

Christine said...

I love that room you sent from HGTV!! We actually just painted our master bedroom chocolate brown and blue. So when do we have the nursery painting party scheduled??

Leslie said...

Thanks, Chris! Nina-Same thing steven said:)

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

busy lady. i like the strips and circles idea ... it goes with the kind of patterns u like 4 all the baby stuff anyways ... good luck with that and let me know if u need a couple extra pairs of hands. u should buy sponges and just sponge paint them or stencils or something. YAY 4 baby makeing him/her self known now. LOL. It's cool now but it's gonna piss u off b4 long, or so im told. i still think its cool. as far as the registry goes, i'll go wherever your stuff is. i understand how frustrating it is and i know all u want is 2 b sure u get what u asked 4 and not stuff other ppl think u should have, or at least thats how i feel. well, keep up the updates. i love it.
-MMP

Katie said...

You should definitely have your shower in BR! I want to be able to be there!! Hopefully I won't have a cast on my foot anymore!
Tell Christine and Ally if they need ANY help I LOVE party planning!!