Friday, June 6, 2008

It's NOT a boy...

well, maybe not, anyway. Just a clarification. See why i prefer the green...Oh and don't cheat like you did before and vote more than once...scoundrels.

I've been meaning to talk about this for a long time, too, so here it goes:
Some of my and steven's family were seriously stressing me out about finding out the sex. They said, "How will we know what to buy?" I say, "i'll have a registry. Also, what about green, bold colors, brown, etc..."
There are lots of things to buy (diapers!). BUT, i assume they mean clothes because they don't want pink on my boy or blue on my girl (not sure why though because i wear blue all the time). I understand the want to buy lots of cute stuff, but really the kid won't need that much clothes, right?

I appreciate you all wanting to buy the baby stuff, i really do, but for now, i guess i'm saving you money:)

Along with this goes the need for a theme...for example, Amanda's shower. Her theme was Pooh...very cute, but i don't want a character or animals. So, to this I say, CIRCLES and STRIPES. I love these. See crib bedding in earlier post.

More about Amanda's shower...i really felt beat up:( Like i was terrible because they had to know. Well, chances are, i'll never do this again and i want this to be the BEST surprise of my life!

**By the way, they are getting used to the idea...Aunt Chris even told me to not worry about everyone else and do what i want. Whew!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Aunt Chris is right: there are too few surprises in life! This one is the absolute best and well worth waiting for. I can't tell you how shocked I was when I saw Bronwen was a girl...seriously, I couldn't believe my eyes. I wouldn't have traded that moment for all the pink in the world.

Anonymous said...

I was shocked when Bronwen was a girl too. It was a wonderful surprise!

Anonymous said...

I was told by someone that when you tell the sex, people buy a cute litte pink or blue outfit in size 3 months and then you get very little else. So from a practical point of view, don't tell and let them use you registry. Besides, I personally know an OB doc who checked it out and decorated the whole nursery in pink and they had a boy!!! Now this was about fifteen years ago and the technology is better now, but it could happen again and so why take the chance. Besides, people are so nosy and bossy. Don't let them pressure you.

So my advice is don't tell.

Jen said...

I really like this anonymous person...

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

Aunt Chris is right. I am just no good at waiting so we are gonna find out. I actually never considered not knowing until I talked 2 u about it. Now I feel like I have to since I told everyone I was going to. I wish I had waited 2 make that announcement, but like I said before I am no good at that kinda thing. This is YOUR baby and YOUR decision. No one else's. YOU can decide whatever YOU want. Don't let anyone push u around. And about the shower, I felt like u were being hounded too. I understand how it feels since my family thinks they know EVERYTHING about MY baby and how I should raise MY baby. You just take your time to make any decisions you have to about YOUR baby. Stay strong Lelie. Luv U. -MMP

Christine said...

As a person getting ready to marry into one of the most attatched families ever!!! I understand how they have a way of pressuring you into things. I don't think that they mean to come off as an overbearing mob but that is how it feels. This is YOUR PREGNANCY AND YOU AND STEVEN'S BABY!! The only opinions that matter are the two of you.You said from the begining you didn't want to find out, then you shouldn't. The baby industry is no longer pink and blue. There are plenty of other choices that can be made even if they don't buy from the registry.Stick to your guns and enjoy the suspense, how often do any of us get a good surprise?? By the way I voted for Milan.

Anonymous said...

This is your child, your time, your decision. Tell them they will just have to wait. If they are determined to buy pink or blue, tell them to just wait until after the baby is born then they'll know for sure! This is such a special time in you and Steven's life so don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to do...period!