Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Real Names for Boo

I've been having a girl name for a while now - Gracie Mae.

Gracie because i love it and Mae was my grandma's middle name (Anna Mae). Having a name picked out was one of the reasons i was leaning towards wanting a girl. Others include cuter clothes and not having to make a circumcision decision. OUCH!

But, i do still want a boy. We are getting our name choices narrowed down and Steven decided for the knife. He said something like, "I did it..." I can't tell you how happy i was that he made a decision. He's way more helpful than most new dads (i think).

So, names: My top boy choices were Dante, Isaac, Wyatt and Brady James. I only had a middle for Brady thanks to LSU football. A week or so ago Steven threw a kink in my plans and said he'd like to incorporate his grandpa's name Nolan in the name and I decided that was a great idea. (After all he had NO input on the girl name) I showed him my long list of boy names and he said "What about Jaiden?" Well, it's on my long list so obviously i like it. I really like the fact that I can shorten it to Jay. I figured since this is probably our only chance, I like the idea of keeping my dad's name in there, too. So, for the poll, here are your choices:

Jaiden Nolan Castex
Nolan Jay Castex
Nolan Jaiden Castex

Steven already started saying Jaiden and people have to double take. Huh? It's not really that hard:( I told him to tell people Aiden with a J. (Jen, we are already feeling your pain)

***Disclaimer for the day***
I know most people love Gracie and that makes me happy. On the other hand Jaiden and Nolan are not what i would call "common." I'm a big girl and can handle most things, but if you don't like the names, feel free to talk amongst yourselves, but don't tell me (just vote). Yes, this is permission to talk about me behind my back:) Feel free to leave us other suggestions, too.

20 comments:

Christine said...

I love it, love those uncommon names!!

Jaiden Nolan Castex---boy

Gracie Mae----(very cute) girl

I love the idea of incorporating your dads name in there.He would love it too. Hopefully this kid will have the same luck with contest/drawings as your dad did.

Leslie said...

wow, you're fast! haven'e even got the poll up yet:) too much housewifin' going on...

Jen said...

Okay, first of all, I DO like your names, I think Gracie Mae is the cutest name ever for a girl. I really liked Mae, byt TJ nixed it :-(

Anyhow, here is my 2 cents--worth even less. I like Nolan Jay because "Nolan Jaiden Castex" is a bunch of 2 syllable names all together. You can thank TJ for making me notice this type of thing. Having a short name in between helps it flow.

Of course, I like all the names, but there is my reason!

Jen said...

Also, Jaiden isn't that uncommon of a name--Will Smith has a son named Jayden. Hello!

Useless knowledge item #1,456

Leslie said...

I always wonder if the order of choices affects outcome...guess we'll see. Like the previous poll-i was a little surprised so many people picked the blue when i don't know the sex.
I wonder how many people looked at the pics.

Christine said...

Yeah I knew about Will Smith's son, I don't count celebraties when it comes to names being common or not. I just meant that it wasn't as common as say Shaun or Brian etc....

Anonymous said...

Not too keen on Jaiden Nolan (or vice versa), a bit much with both ending in "en" sounds. I like Nolan Jay and call him Jay, which it sounds like you would have done anyway with Jaiden. Jaiden/Jayden is becoming a very popular name.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Anon. # 2:

I like Nolan Jay. Nolan is not common and a very nice name. While Jaiden is becoming somewhat common, it reminds me of Aiden and that name is popping up everywhere so if being unusual is what you want, Jaiden is probably not the best choice even though it is a nice name.

Regarding rude comments to pregnant women: Wait until they ask you if you are having any more after this one. And if you have the luck or nerve to have three or four they ask you why you are having so many and if you don't know you are only supposed to have two kids....you know, protect the evvironment, etc.

Enjoy this time in you life. It is precious.

Chris said...

hello kiddy picked the same one I picked. I love it all of them are great so you can't lose. I think they are perfect.

Leslie said...

See why i would never dis-allow anon comments...i love this! Thanks for everyone's input! Keep it coming.

Anonymous said...

I voted for Nolan since it was also on my list of names.

I do have to say though the "en" names like Hayden, Caden, Jayden, and Aiden are very popular. My babes are in the NICU right now and the nurses have told me that there are a flurry of boys with those types of names.

Anonymous said...

I like the way nolan jaiden flows, even if they both end in "en". They are both cute names. So now my question is, are you going to stick with the outcome of the poll for the name if it is a boy? Or are you only going to use this as opinions?

Leslie said...

Good question. I wasn't going to say this earlier because i didn't want to sway the votes, but my choice is winning:) That said, though, i'm still going to leave it up to steven.

Christine said...

I guess I should have used the word unconventional instead of uncommon.Again I just love that you didn't pick something generic.
I agree with anonymous and Chris. Your baby is going to be a beautiful great kid no matter what you name them.Just don't forget tell them one day how everyone in the blogging world was touched by your survey.They may find it kind of cool, or blogging may be like 8 tracks by then!!!

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

ok so i voted for nolan jaiden. i like it. really cute and hard to find things to pick on ... u know like other kids would use as torture. i already told u i like gracie mae. i thought for a sec about nolan jay since nolan and jaiden rhyme and sometimes people dont like that but i think i like nolan jaiden better. good luck. i think i picked out 3 winners either way. luv ya cuz.
-MMP

Michelle (Miley's Mommy) said...

i meant 2 say u picked out 3 winners but wtvr lmao

Anonymous said...

My little one is Braedan, which I thought was uncommon two years ago. Apparently, I was wrong, as he had had other Braedans (spelled "Braden") in both of his classes. And I now hear moms calling for Braedans all over the playgrounds.

I also work with a lady who named her son Jaiden a year ago, but I don't know how she spells it.

Good luck deciding between the three. Don't know what I'll vote for quite yet!

Anonymous said...

They are all cute "boy" names, but ranking them I would put Nolan #1, Jay #2 and Jaiden #3. I like the "Nolan Jay" combination the best. Just as some others said, it flows well. Of course...since you're putting so much thought into the boy name, it means you're having a girl.

Leslie said...

Good! Already got a beautiful name;) And lots of hand-me-down clothes from my friends (who all have girls).

Katie said...

I LOVE FAMILY NAMES! They always mean SO much to the person the baby is named for and eventually the baby too!!