Friday, March 7, 2008

First Ultrasound!

It's fun making y'all wait:)

It was excellent! First of all, Michelle was there and she's the best. I was holding steven's hand so hard that my fingernail was bending. From how Duffi was talking i didn't expect to see anything until Michelle pointed it out. I figured it'd just be doppler fuzz. But i could see the big black dot as soon as she put the dildocam in! We could even see the yolk sac!

She tried to look into my tubes but it was difficult to see anything because i still had so many leftover follicles/follicle sacs. She couldn't tell which side I O'd from for the same reason.

I double-checked and asked if there was only 1 sac, and there was. Whew! From those high beta numbers, i was really expecting more than 1. I thought i'd be a little disappointed, too, since i had been getting my hopes up, but i was actually relieved and way too excited that there was 1. I knew it was too early to see a heartbeat so i got my beta again and it was great, too. 8006, up from 1554 on Monday. When Duffi called with it she was still surprised how defined the sac was. Must be because my baby is so "advanced." :) HA! Wanna see?




I guess the Internet will collapse from the sheer weight of baby pictures.

According to my cycle, I am 5weeks, 1 day. The sac is measuring 4w4d. That doesn't mean anything...it's just a measurement that's compared to some "average" and this early on, it's way too soon to tell anyway.

4 comments:

Babsy said...

Yeah! So maybe I don't get text messages...but I'm the 1st to comment on the baby pic! So exciting

Jen said...

Hey Hey Momma! Yippee! Now can we be excited?

Chris said...

Oh sweet joy, I have tears in my eyes I'm so excited and happy all is ok.. I think that child will have Steven's head thats why you can see it so good. :)jk

crazythibs said...

omg, I am so excited for you. YAY!