Going into the office i was hoping that a certain receptionist was there. Last week for my appt she took my insurance card and made 6 copies (what they do for preggos) and i said, 1/2 jokingly, "Don't want to jinx it." She smiled and said, "You'll be fine." Obviously, i wasn't fine...on the way out of the office, headed to the specialist, i looked at her and said, "Jinxed it." :( What a terrible, terrible thing to say. I was emotional and stupid and as soon as the words left my lips i wanted to take them back:( Well, i've been thinking about how terrible she must have felt and hoped that she'd be there so i could apologize. She wasn't.
1st was the u/s. CC did the scan this time. I think i'm warming up to her. Walking to the room she said, "You don't do anything easy, huh?" Baby was so much bigger in just a week! Still looks like a blob, though. She pointed out arm and leg buds, but i'm not sure i can see them. Heartbeat was superfast and super strong-167bpm. She let me hear it and there go the tears again. Everything looked good. He's measuring on track with the Nov. 3rd due date...8weeks,1day. Yes, i said he, and yes, i know EVERYONE thinks it's a girl because they are tougher...i'll mix up my pronouns.
Next i saw Dr. Peek. She took the tape off my cut and snipped the ends off the stitch in my belly button (gross). Steven was telling me how now i'll know it's closed and told the dr how they measured its depth with a digital depth caliper (sp?). Boys and their toys, huh? If you didn't know, i have this thing about my belly button. It's sooooooo deep i always thought that it went straight in...really thought it somehow connected to my butt. I know, it's dumb, but that's my deal. I can't put my finger all the way in without feeling it in my butt:)
Anyway, my wound is healing nicely and i got a Rx for nausea and instructions...
-keep taking the progesterone until 12 weeks
-no exercise, sex, anything strenuous for at least 4 weeks
-no trips until after 20 weeks, then i can't go far (don't know how far is far...hope this doesn't screw up everything for Nina's pre-wedding parties) :( i did tell her that i went to NO sunday.
I got the preggo goody bag with books and stuff. Can't wait to check that out. I was feeling pretty bad-reflux and nausea-after the exam, so i accepted when the Dr offered to have someone wheel me down. That's when i got to see Duffi and she was telling me how CC scared her. She called her after the u/s but didnt' say anything. Ally knows about this...she's good at it. For ex, calling in the middle of the night-if it's true, the 1st thing you say is, "Everything is fine, but..." Pretty cool how everyone over there is rooting for me, too:)
I was wheeled to check-out and there she was-the Receptionist! I said, "I was here last week." She says, "i remember."
I said,"Of course you do" and immediately start crying and apologizing and tell her that i've been thinking about her all week and everything is going to be ok.
She was happy to hear it and she told me she doesn't take anything personal over there-she can't. But i couldn't stop blubbering. I was so glad she was there.
So this whole crying thing. I think it'll get old pretty quick. I cried twice on the way home. Guess I'll have to stop listening to country music:( Booooo! Or i guess i can just let it out.
We dropped off the Rx and steven brought me home. Thank goodness because i sat down and yelled for a garbage can. Poor Steven, running around the house looking for one that wasn't full. Finally he just stuck his foot in one to smash the trash down:) He just made it.
My first puke! I was holding my tummy scared that it would pull something loose, but all is well. It felt really good, actually. And i read that it wouldn't provide relief. Glad they were wrong. I've been feeling pretty good ever since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hate to tell you this, but the tears do get old--yet they don't stop. It will only get worse when Baby Castex makes her/his appearance! I cry just reading your blog....
Heather...I figured you were busy w/your family. And i was not really in any condition to even be in NO :( It even gave me a migraine. On another note-christine left on a cruise (i think on sunday)
Crying alone is not fun...but crying while sitting on the couch eating chicken nuggets with a friend is a blast.
Right?
Hell, yeah!
Post a Comment