Tuesday, March 11, 2008

How to Boost Your Self Esteem

It's simple, really.

Just lower your standards!

Just got back from an interview at a staffing agency. You start off by submitting an online application, then a short interview to find out what you are looking for. If they like you, you take some tests. Data entry, Word, Excel, Typing. Then more interviewing...

I went in for a Medical Data Entry ad in the paper, but my data entry score was a little too low. The lady at the agency, however, wanted me for a position there @ the staffing place! How cool is that? Her only concern is that I would be bored, so she did tell me about a Medical Asst. position that i'm good for. The client (of course they won't tell you who) likes to hire the right person to train. She thought this would be a little more interesting for me. Isn't that sweet. But she said the Dr would be intimidated by my past salary. Intimidated. By me? Love it.

So, i had to take more tests (vocabulary and personality) that she'd send over to the Dr. She said, "The price you pay for being good." :)

By the way i hate those personality tests. This one was pick A, B or C. B was not sure or undecided and they tell you if you picked more that 9 of these you need to reevaluate your answers. Everything always depends on something else for me. For example, there was one question about playing cards or board games with friends and i marked the competitive answer. Then there was another one about being competitive in general and i say, no way, no how. While they might see that as wishy-washy, it's the way it is...i'll act like an idiot sore loser with my friends, but not in corp. America.

I also have an interview on Friday with Homecare. I don't think they'll pay as much as these others, but they have a part time option which i love! Hopefully by next week i'll be gainfully employed!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Been there done that. I did like the staffing agency because I always choose jobs that didn't want full time that way I got to switch jobs alot. Choices how I love them. But, then the waiting for the next job got to be too long. So, I had to go find my own.
Good Luck, I hope you get what you wnat.

Leslie said...

Thanks. I wish i knew what i wanted:)

Jen said...

Part time is awesome--You can go home and take naps, and trust me, you will need them!