Saturday was the big Easter party at the Summerhouse. The day didn't start out too good. I was pretty nauseous and had a nasty, sour stomach. But, i drug myself to the shower and headed downstairs just when a few people started arriving.
It was Jen and Bronwen! That was excellent. They distracted me from the pain:) Mammaju fed me some ranch crackers she made and i think that cured me.
It was the 1st time i ate really good since the surgery. Clyde boiled 8 sacks of crawfish! I did a lot of visiting and it was a really long day. I finally had to go upstairs and rest around 10pm.
When they started playing Beer Pong, Steven declared that he would get in trouble that night. I wasn't sure it was possible since i really wasn't dealing with him. Of course, i was wrong! He rolled his ankle while on the trampoline and now he's hopping around on one foot. It really sucks for me (completely selfish, i know). But he is supposed to be taking care of me. Now, it looks like we'll have to get someone else to go to the grocery for us:( We are a sorry pair.
The bad part is i really can't be mad because he wasn't doing anything stupid at the time. Someone was trying to double-bounce him and he just landed wrong. I guess, though, it IS his fault that later on he would run over clyde with a golf cart and drag him for about 10 feet. Apparently, he was driving with the bad foot. Clyde is fine. But boys are just dumb.
They already ban firearms once someone starts drinking. I think we need to ban the golf carts and trampoline, too:)
All in all it was my best day yet. I'm 9 weeks today! So, only 3 more weeks of taking the progesterone. (I get sick every time i think about it) 1 more week til i can drive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Make me a list :) Seriously, I was planning on stopping at the store anyway.
I can't deliver groceries, but I can order a pizza to be delivered to your house. OHHH! That'd be fun. We could rent the same movie and order pizzas and have a multi-timezone girl's night :)
re: steven...at least he didn't burn his foot. That'd be stupid.
Hey Leslie! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I, too, have done the progesterone/clomid thing, and it left me with the belief that the road to hell is paved with infertility treatments. (My husband believes that too!)
~Nikki (Verdin) Fikes
Post a Comment