Monday, March 24, 2008

The Rest of the Hospital Stay

Wednesday I slept off and on all day. Nina (hellokitty) sent me a cookie bouquet that was so cute. It was Bees and said, “You’ll Bee Ok.” I also got beautiful flowers from GulfSouth (steven’s work).
Ally’s parents came to visit but didn’t stay long because natty was wild. Clyde and Ally stopped by. I got my morphine button taken away and they took the top bandage off of my cut. It was ok at the top but I cursed when she was taking off the bottom. Something like, “Ouch,ouch, shit, hair, hair!” I got a funny look from the nurse. I guess I don’t look like the cursing type. The worst part of the day, though, was not being able to pee. The nurses even had tricks that didn’t work. They actually had to put the catheter back in to “drain” me. It was more scared of the pain than hurt by the actual pain.

The nurse made me take a walk down the hall. That was slow going. I tried to sleep on my side that night propped up with pillows and that didn’t work. Too much pressure on my stomach. I ate pretty good on wed, but woke up nauseous on Thursday. This was scary with my stitches-I can’t laugh, cough or sneeze, let alone puke. They gave me a shot for it and it went away fast. They were prepping me to go home and I was kinda scared because what if that happened again? I really like being able to call on a nurse 24/7.

But I’ve got steven. He has been so great these past few days. I never want for anything. He set his phone alarm to make sure I get my meds when I’m supposed to. He wakes up in the middle of the night with me and even slept on the loveseat since I was more comfortable on the sofa. Whenever I think about it, it chokes me up. He is such a great man. It’s a shame I have to be reminded by such a crap situation. I just wish he could stay home with me every day, but somebody has to work. I think I do much better with visitors even though I’m terrible company.
I need to stay off the internet. I posted my story and got lots of well wishes, but one chick said she had a laparotomy and it took her 6 weeks to heal. She couldn’t imagine being pregnant, too:(

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm so glad you are doing better. Mom wanted me to post two girl names she liked but I forgot them at home. Anyway, I just wanted to say that reading your message made me feel all warm inside. I can't see Farrel taking care of me the way Steven is doing for you. Not to say he wouldn't I just can't see it. I'm so glad he is there for you wish I could be. Tell him thanks and give him lots of hugs and kisses ok...

Veronica said...

My sister had the same surgery, of course she wasn't pregnant though (cancer). Sarah's surgery was like 6 years ago and she told me that it was 6 weeks for her also. I know you're going to be just fine. Hang in there and be patient with yourself. Take this time to rest and recover- soak it up best you can.