Monday, March 10, 2008

I hate the phone

But it's ALWAYS better to call. If that's an option. If they hear your voice, it's harder for them to tell you no:)

So, i found 2 pretty interesting ads in yesterday's paper and i only got through 1/2 of the classifieds. One is with a staffing agency and one is for one of the offices in the Women's Tower. This is my 1st choice, of course...i could work right up 'til I'm wheeled next door:)

But, the staffing job probably pays more, and i'll get to sit on the computer. The options were: email resume or call. So, i tightened my bra straps and called. Ah, who am i kidding? It's 10:30 and i'm a housewife. I am NOT wearing a bra:) Anywho...1st she asked if i had experience. Of course not, but i'm looking for a career change and i have an info systems degree. People love that shit. She immediately scheduled me to go in and meet her tomorrow. She'll probably try to recruit me for some other, more "appropriate" job, but i am only interested in very low maintenance, low stress (can you tell i changed my mind again about teaching).

It'll just be nice that someone else is looking for a job for me, too. I think I'm getting close.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the ticker :-)

Leslie said...

I'll do anything to please my fans:)