Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Title changes for yesterday

Another bipolar day. I'm starting to think that it's normal to have such spikes in mood. As the day goes by i think about my blog and what i'll write and what my title will be. Yesterday my titles went from
"What a beautiful day" to
"The best 14.5 points I ever had" to
"Ugh...still waiting" to
"Guess it's time to find an RE" to
"A shot in the hip is great foreplay"

Day started (and ended) great. Had the followup u/s and b/w done. The ultrasound showed 2 big, beautiful follicles (left 27x20, right 24x21) and one oblong one (32x16) that Michelle said probably wouldn't do anything. It was cycle day 14 and i still hadn't gotten a peak reading on the pee machine, so i pretty much gave up hope for this cycle. I was really happy and hopeful after leaving the Dr. Now all i had to do was wait for the bloodwork results to decide whether or not i could get the trigger shot (which forces ovulation).
I start by going to walmart like every good housewife does. I feel very self-conscience using my Weight Watchers points finder slider for everything i consider buying. I get out of walmart spending less than $100! First time in a long time.
I had already decided i would treat myself at lunch since i have been so good for the past few days (and constantly hungry). On the way home i stop at McDonalds and get a delicious chicken nugget happy meal. The frozen coke machine is broken-but this is only a minor setback in my eyes. After all, i had a frozen coke on sunday:) This was the best-tasting, most filling meal in 5 days. 14.5 points well spent. Keep in mind i am allowed 22 points per day.
By the time i finish eating, do some housework and go tan it's almost 3 and still no phone call from Duffy. Here's where i start getting antsy. Then, the phone rings! Who-hoo! Dr. Peek signed off, much improvement since last week. She asks if Michelle tells me about the fluid on the u/s. She saw it but didnt' tell me what it meant. It means that i have started to ovulate on my own! Between the fluid and having 3 big follicles, Dr. doesn't want to do the trigger because of the risk of multiple births. It's like a shot through the heart. I was deflated and very disappointed. Actually on the verge of tears:( (See...mood swings!) I just don't believe i can do it on my own and the pee machine (and OPKs) seem to agree. So, i reminded her that the big follie probably wouldnt' do anything and i want to know what if i still want it? She says she'll ask the Dr.

More waiting.

I realize i didn't even ask what my estrogen level was. When she calls back she has good news and bad news.
The good news is: Dr. Peek ok'd the trigger since i understand and accept the risk. Also, because my estrogen level was 638, and she likes 400 per good egg. So, according to that i probably won't have the multiple risk.
The bad news is: she can't find the shot...all the pharmacies are out. She tells me she'll keep calling around and i can do the same.

She finds it at the pharmacy at The Lake. It's almost 5 now, though, so Steven will have to administer it...i call Sue while i'm still at the Lake to see if she can draw a bull's eye on my butt. She's not there. Never fear...the internet can teach you anything!

I warn Steven that the needle is huge. I'm used to the tiny allergy needle, so this needle was scary. So big and scary that i asked the girls on the TTTC message board if i could use the smaller one:) I couldn't.

Steven was a pro. It didn't hurt at all. And this morning...success! A "Peak" on the pee machine! Love that eggie:)

No comments: